Monday, April 20, 2015

Back to Basics: Dotticure

This week, I decided to use a tool I haven't touched much since I started getting into nail art: my dotting tool! 

Dotticures, or manicures featuring polka dots, are a great nail art option for beginners. They are easy, fun, and pretty hard to mess up. Once you get a good feel for dotting tools and the different size dots they can make, you can get pretty inventive with your Dotticure designs. 

These, for those of you that don't know, are dotting tools:


Forgive the fact that mine are dirty. They're double sided to give you size options. They are cheap to pick up on Amazon or eBay, and are a staple in any nail artists kit. 

I picked up three colors to decide between for my pedicure, and decided to use them together for my dotticure instead. 

Colors used: Zoya in "Purity", "Wendy", "Tiana", and "Rooney"


I really love how it reminds me of soda bubbles, like a really colorful ad for a cola company! 


No comments:

Post a Comment