Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Romper Inspired Dry Brush Mani

This past weekend, I celebrated my husband's 29th birthday with a big pool party. I wanted to find something cute to wear to the party, so I took to the mall to hunt.

I've been on the look out for a romper. It's all I wanted in my summer wardrobe. All the ones I had found were unflattering, ugly, or ill-fitting (something that happens a lot when your top is a size small and your ass is a size large). 

Finally, I found one at Charlotte Russe, of all places, for $15. 


When I took a look at the pattern on the dress, I was hit with inspiration for nail art. 

For this design, I started with a white base coat. Then, I sponged Maybelline Bleached Neon polishes in "Day Glow Teal", "Lime Accent", and "Pink Punch" over top. When that dried, I dry brushed Zoya's "Ryan" on top. 

Dry brushing is a technique where you brush almost all the polish off your brush before dragging it across your nails in different directions. With this technique, I was able to replicate the look of neons peeking through the navy palm branches that was on my romper. 



I had so much fun with this manicure. It was quick, easy, and was a great example of pure inspiration. Usually I have a hard time thinking of original designs, but I really loved this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment