Monday, February 16, 2015

Zoya Spring 2015: Delight

Hello, everyone! By now, you know I'm a huge Zoya fanatic (my iPhone even knows to capitalize it, for real). So obviously when I saw their gorgeous Spring 2015 line, I had to get it. Usually, I can take or leave their transitional lines, and this past winter's "Wishes" collection didn't speak to me, so I was really excited to see a line that I really wanted (then again, Zoya's spring and summer lines are ALWAYS on point). 

Because my aunt rocks, she ordered me the set as an early birthday gift, so last night I had a chance to swatch them for you. The line consists of six pastel shades, three with a creme finish and three with a beautiful blue shimmer throughout. 

Zoya "Delight"

Let's start with the cremes. 

L to R: "Eden", "Tiana", "Lillian"



"Eden" is a Barbie, bubblegum pink. Not the most unique shade, but pretty nonetheless. 



"Tiana" is a GORGEOUS pistachio green. The formula was a little streaky on this one, but easy enough to work through. I was curious to how this compared to Zoya's shade "Neely" from an older spring line, so I did a comparison swatch as well:

L to R: "Tiana", "Neely" 

"Tiana" on index and ring fingers, "Neely" on middle and pinkie fingers. 

Once swatched side by side, you can tell more easily that "Neely" definitely has a more grey undertone to it and that "Tiana" is significantly brighter. I totally think there is a big enough distinction to justify both in your collection ;) 



"Lillian" is a pretty, sky blue. Again, I had some streaking issues with this one. And again, I was curious about how it compared to "Blu", which was the blue shade in the same spring line as "Neely". 

L to R: "Lillian", "Blu"

"Lillian" on index and ring fingers, "Blu" on middle and pinkie fingers. 

There was really no comparison with this one; "Lillian" and "Blu" are two completely different shades of blue. Once side by side you can see that "Lillian" has a touch more green in it. 

And now for the shimmers!

L to R: "Daisy", "Rayne", "Leslie"



"Daisy" is a mid-tone butter yellow with color-shifting blue shimmer throughout. I really am not a fan of yellow polishes, but as far as yellows go, this one definitely brings something unique and special to the table. It's really difficult to capture this shimmer in the swatch, so I did a macro bottle shot for all of the shimmers in this collection. 


Wow. Check out that shimmer! At first it just looks blue/turquoise, but when I looked at the bottle again it actually shifts a bit to purple. Really neat. 



"Rayne" is a robin's egg blue with the same blue shimmer as "Daisy". The formula was really good with this one. Since the shimmer is essentially the same color as the base, it doesn't stand out as much in this one as the other two, but it still adds a nice element to it. 




"Leslie" is a pastel lilac shade with blue shimmer throughout. I really enjoyed the color combo of the base and the shimmer in this one; blue and purple are my two favorite colors so to combine them is divine :)

YOWZA! 

Overall, I am happy with this collection. I like that all the pastels they picked this year are bolder than they have been some previous years, teetering almost into summer shade territory. My favorites are "Tiana" (which I used for a mani immediately after swatching) and "Leslie". 

What are your favorites? Will you be picking up this collection? Comment below! 





No comments:

Post a Comment