Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February Ipsy Review: Ipsy Love

In honor of Valentine's Day, Ipsy themed their bags "Ipsy Love" this month, with lots of pink representing in the products. Let's get to it!



Overall Rating: 3.6 stars. A couple of really phenomenal products, with a couple "eh" products pulling down the overall score. 

Best Product: Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil

Worst Product: It was tough to decide between the two, but I'm going to go with the one I'll use the least, which is City Color Cosmetics Creamy Lip Stain in Flirtini. 

Most Expensive Product: Again, the Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil. A whole bottle of this goes for $46, but my sample was still worth $23!

Glam Bag Total Value (estimate): $63, over 6 times the cost of the bag. 

City Color Creamy Lip Stain in "Flirtini"



Let me preface this review by saying there isn't really anything wrong with this lip stain, per se. It's just that if I'm going to be reaching for a product like this, I'm going to be using my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cremes (because, truthfully, this is more of a cream than a stain). The color is flattering. The formula is nice. That's it, it doesn't blow me away. 2 stars. This retails for $4.99. 



I was truly surprised by this product. Usually, I don't notice much difference in my hair when using a volumizing spray, but this one was really good. I sprayed it on my damp hair, blow dried as usual, and my hair had more body and lift. I also used it to give my hair more hold before curling it. It's a truly wonderful product; 5 stars. A full bottle goes for $24, but my sample was worth $3. 


I know what you're thinking: "it's an eyelash curler, what is there to review," right? Wrong. I've had curlers in the past that pinch my eyelids and pull out my delicate lash hairs. This curler does neither of those things. It's pad is cushy and soft, and it came with three replacement pads. It definitely gives my lashes extra oomph. I only took one star off a five star rating because I don't usually use lash curlers, but I may now. This retails for $14. 


This was another one of my lowest rated products. The formula is nice enough, but I feel like the color just looks unnatural on me. But still, I'm a little low on blush right now and this does the trick. It retails for an unbelievable $18; seriously, if I'm spending that much on blush, it better be amazing! I rate this 2 stars. 


This was another pleasant surprise in my bag, and personally it couldn't have come at a better time. I've been hearing a lot of hype over face oils recently, so I've been wanting to try some, and with the winter weather absolutely robbing my skin of moisture, I really needed it. It's really light and doesn't make my skin greasy. I put about 4 drops on my face and rub it before using moisturizer. It has a light lavender scent and I just really love it! I've been using it every day, and over time it's supposed to help even out skin tone. It retails for $46, but my sample was $23. 5 stars!

Overall, I'm pleased with my glam bag this month, despite the average rating. The 4 and 5 star products definitely made up for the 2 star ones, and the value of the glam bag far exceeded the price. 

4 comments:

  1. The blush may be better once summer comes and you have a tan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How big is the bag shipped? Does it fit in a mailbox?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! It's not a big bag. It comes in a hot pink bubble mailer that fits inside my mail box

      Delete