Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Scarf Inspired Manicure

Hello, everyone!

This past week I was doing ✨SCIENCE✨ on a research vessel. It's exhausting work, but I still managed to find time to do a pretty kickass manicure, if I do say so myself. 

I recently got $20 in rewards (i.e. Free money) from Pier 1, and we got a new scarf in that I fell in love with, so I used my rewards to pick it up. I realized it made great inspiration for a manicure. 

I then built a whole look around this scarf, matching my makeup and nails to it. 

The scarf, $16.95, Pier 1 Imports

Bold lower liner using Urban Decay Electric palette in shades "Chaos", "Fringel, and "Freak"

Scarf inspired colors: Zoya "Ryan", Sally Hansen "Pacific Blue", and Zoya "Bevin"

Entire mani polishes, including Zoya "Cosmo" and OPI "My Vampire is Buff"


I was thrilled to find a bottle of the discontinued "Pacific Blue", it was the perfect color to match the scarf and an essential color in any serious collector's stash, I'm told! 

I had intended for this to be a chevron gradient, but the only chevron vinyls I had left were the fat ones, so it just looks like individual colors with nude in between. I took that opportunity to place an order for more skinny chevron Nail Vinyls ;)


Regardless of the lack of gradient, I really loved the way this turned out and will definitely be doing variations of this mani in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment