Monday, March 30, 2015

90's Themed Nails

Yesterday was my 25th birthday (yikes!), so for my birthday party I decided go go with a 90's theme and had all my friends come dressed as characters from their favorite 90's TV shows and cartoons. It was SO much fun, and quite possibly my most successful party. 

We played Twister (which is a lot harder as an adult!) with Jell-O shots. There was dunkaroo dip, pizza rolls, tang punch, and cake pops, which I aptly named "MmmPops".

 And the costumes? Incredible! I went as Debbie Thornberry from The Wild Thornberries and Mike went as Johnny Bravo. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place costumes went to Dexter and DeeDee from Dexter's Lab, Tommy Pickles and Lil from Rugrats, and Arthur, respectively, but appearances were made from Bananas in Pajamas, Bevis and Butthead, Squints, and more. It rocked. 

Mike and I as Johnny Bravo and Debbie Thornberry

Rob and Juli as Dexter and Deedee

Not sure how I didn't get a photo of Tommy in a diaper, but here is Cynthia as Lil

Lindsay as Arthur


Of course, I had to do my nails to fit the theme. I decided to take different 90's icons and represent them on my nails. 

From thumb to pinkie: the All That face, Lisa Frank leopard print, Nickelodeon splat, paint splatter, and Stick Stickley



Most of these images will bring back fond memories for most 90's kids. I did hear that a few people don't know who Stick Stickley is. To that, I say this: http://youtu.be/HfDw619p2Tw

I also got lots of great birthday goodies, including a set of Sigma makeup brushes and a few gift cards to Ulta. You all know warm and fuzzy that makes me ;P

Thank you to everyone who made my day so special!


No comments:

Post a Comment