Thursday, March 19, 2015

March Ipsy Review: Floral Fantasy

March's Glam Bag had me so pumped up this month. The products were fantastic! Let's get to it. 

Floral Fantasy Glam Bag

Overall rating: 4.5 stars, my highest rating yet! 

Best product: This was so tough to pick, so I considered what I will use the most and what I'll be likely to buy again, and chose NYX Butter Lipstick for best product this month. 

Worst product: Again, it was hard to pick a "worst" product, but I decided on Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter for reasons I'll get into later in this post. 

Most expensive product: Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter, which is valued at $18. 

Glam Bag Total Value: $47.34

Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in "Apricot Glow"



Pixi by Petra's Mesmerizing Mineral Duo was just that: mesmerizing. I literally gasped when I swatched it on my hand. These shadows have gorgeous shimmer, are great neutral colors, and the pigments are soft and blendable. I'll definitely be using this one a lot. This retails for approximately $5. 5 stars. 

NYX Butter Lipstick in "Pops"


I'm already a HUGE fan of NYX cosmetics, especially their lip products, so it is really no surprise that I enjoyed this lipstick. The color is a nude with pink undertones. I don't like to purchase nude lipsticks, but I do need them, and this shade is really great. The formula is also, well, buttery, which is wonderful because it gives my poor chapped lips the moisture they need without having to compromise color. And the best part? It retails for an affordable $6. 5 stars. 

Acure Day Cream

When I first used the Acure day cream, I loved it! It smells incredible (like citrus and cloves) and goes on thick but not greasy. However, after a few uses, it made my skin react, so I had to stop using it. I maintain it's 5 star rating however, since I think it could be a great moisturizer for somebody else. It is formulated to help build collagen and elastin, fight against environmental factors and free radicals, and firm your skin. It retails for $19, but my sample was worth about $11. 

Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter


The Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter is a multi-use pencil that you can use for concealing, highlighting, or as an eye pencil or lip liner. I have used it as a concealer mainly, and have discovered that it is not satisfactory at covering blemishes, but does a pretty decent job of covering under eye circles. I wasn't overwhelmed with it, and probably wouldn't buy it again, but it does the job. 3 stars, and retails for $18. 


I was excited to receive 2 pair of Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels in my glam bag. I have heard good things about them and was looking forward to trying them out. They boast the ability to firm and de-puff the under eye area within 10 minutes. While my under eye area isn't usually puffy, I popped these on and let them sit. After ten minutes I noticed a slight difference in firmness of the skin, but overall the cooling sensation of the gel really refreshed me and made me feel more awake. I give them 4 stars. They retail for $30 for 8 pair, so my sample was worth $7.50. 

I was so pleased with my Glam Bag this month. I was looking forward to the products before they even arrived at my doorstep, and the bag itself is so cute! 

Interested in a glam bag of your own? Subscription is only $10 a month and you can skip the wait list by following a few simple steps. Sign up with the link below!


No comments:

Post a Comment